Challenge rules

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Palm Trees

Hi guys, Liz here again today with my inspiration for 
Crafty Enjoyments with a 3D project for you,
I love palm Trees, weird hey!!! lol
so I couldn't resist playing with this adorable scene!
I have done a mini tutorial for you on too, 
Separate all the pieces in the kit,
Trim down any little pieces off with scissors that joined the pieces together,
I took a glue pen and ran it along the bark section of the trees,
added some aged Ivory Frantage over the top, then heat set them, make sure you don't add any over the bit at the bottom were it fits into the base,
I did all the leaf sections with some distress crayon in antique linen spreading it out with my finger and a slightly damp wet wipe, then I did a another layer on top with peeled paint, again spreading them out again the same way,

I then went over again with the peeled paint making them bolder by not blending them, leave these aside to dry off a little,
I covered the base sections with some colour blooms spray in Antique Gold by Prima, when dry fix the  base sections together using glue,
Seen Here, leave to dry
I sprayed the lounger sections with some Colour Blooms in Glistening waves and some Lindy's Gang Flat Fabio - T- bird turquoise,

Make sure you dry these very quickly or the chipboard will warp, I would probably only use a dry medium again to be honest, like the distress crayons etc, assemble the pieces together,

Take the leaf sections and join them together in the notch cut outs, adding a little liquid glue to one end to be fixed together I then added some white beads for a little interest, when dry assemble the  rest of the scene,

I finished it off with a flower from my stash, the flip flops that came with the kit, and a sunglasses charm,
So when it's a horrible day, I just look at my hint of a summer paradise and dream I'm there !!! lol
Under the palm trees - 1003 Cardboard

I hope you have enjoyed my mini tutorial,
Happy Crafting !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment